Foods that help tattoos heal (11 Foods & Drinks) to take after tattoo
This post is very helpful for beginners and for artists as well. Everyone wants to heal his/her tattoo as soon as he/she can so we will talk about some foods to take after tattoo because diet plays a big role in your health. below is a list of foods that help tattoos heal and some other suggestions. keep reading…
Currently, there are many people who bet on tattoos around the world. Beyond its aesthetic sense, this type of designs have a great symbolic component; people choose to tattoo designs that really mean something important to them and/or that in some way represent their personality.
Thus, there are many issues around tattoos that are interesting to know. One of the most common has to do with feeding both before and after a tattoo. The truth is that in today’s society there is a large selection of myths around this issue, such as that it is not advisable to eat pork after a tattoo.
Then we explain everything related to food before and after getting a tattoo, as well as some basic care that you must give to it to heal properly.
Food before and after the tattoo
Before getting a tattoo it is recommended that you take a full meal. Ideally, it should be as balanced and varied as possible, with at least a portion of fruit and / or vegetables. A good idea is to drink orange juice before going to the tattoo studio; Orange is a citrus with a high content of vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system.
- One of the most widespread myths in today’s society is that it states that you should not drink alcohol after getting a tattoo because the blood becomes denser on account of alcohol and, therefore, the tattoo does not heal well. The truth is that, as long as alcohol is not consumed in excess, it is not contraindicated.
- Another of the most popular myths in today’s society is that it indicates that eating pork is prohibited after getting a tattoo since having an open wound, the chances of getting an infection are greater. A rumor without any scientific basis, which is completely false.
Let’s move on to our topic. These 11 foods will give you a boost and energy to cure.
11 foods that help tattoos heal faster
- Pomegranate seeds have excellent healing properties. They promote the rapid healing of wounds and also fight infections. In addition, do not leave scars or marks on the skin after healing.
- Pomegranate juice for the skin is an excellent remedy for skin damaged by sun exposure or tattoo. Repair this damage so that you get a smooth, youthful skin. Pomegranate prolongs the life of fibroblasts, the cells responsible for the production of collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin give life to the skin and make it elastic. This keeps the skin young for years and gives a new life to your tattoo.
- The vitamin C containing this fruit is an essential nutrient provided by antioxidants that prevent aging of cells and, therefore, the aging of our skin. If you use pineapple for your beauty treatments, you will slow down the effects of time on the skin and you will get a much younger and wrinkle free skin
- The bromelain found in this fruit helps remove dead skin cells, cleanse pores and keep skin clean, smooth and even. That’s why pineapple is usually used as a natural exfoliant for beauty treatments.
- He fights inflammations: One study found that garlic had four sulfur compounds that would help reduce inflammation. Thus, people who suffer from psoriasis – a skin disease related to inflammation – can be relieved by rubbing the oil resulting from the compression of garlic directly on the affected area.
- It helps fight acne: The antioxidants that are present in garlic also help combat skin problems, as they kill bacteria – bacteria that proliferate and are the main cause of many skin problems, such as acne.
- The fruits, and especially the citrus queen: the orange, are rich. vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Their consumption prevents the appearance of colds and cardiovascular diseases, improves the functioning of the digestive system and delays cell aging.
- Rich in Vitamin C, orange also contains minerals, phosphorus, and iron. Its strong point is especially a capacity in calcium (65g of calcium for an orange). With a low caloric intake (48 calories per 100g) orange is well indicated for those who follow slimming diets.
- It is high in vitamin C that promotes the formation of collagen, an essential protein for the construction and restoration of tissues such as skin, cartilage, bone, teeth, muscle, blood vessels … .and thus their aging. and that is why it is one of the best foods that help tattoos heal faster.
- Natural protection against the sun: the tomato helps the skin to protect itself from the sun’s rays. It also helps the rise of melanin that promotes tanning (Of course, this does not mean that we must forget the sunscreen!).
- A more beautiful skin: A high consumption of tomato would also improve the texture and the color of the skin, making our skin more beautiful!
The cocoa is a magic ingredient for its effect stimulant and anti-stress. It contains a significant amount of magnesium mineral antistress par excellence. It is also rich in theobromine, a stimulant that has an effect on mood. Cocoa is the ideal and food to take after tattoo in your healing period.
For improving your skin health, salmon is recommended by experts. Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and a good source of vitamin D help your skin cells to produce collagen, melanin, and keratin.
Dark chocolate is a very helpful food to take after tattoo because it contains antioxidants, keep your skin hydrated and increase blood flow in your blood vessels under your tattoo to help your tattoo heal.
The richness of vitamins broccoli, especially vitamin C, promotes the regeneration of damaged cells. In other words: this green vegetable is one of the best foods to take after tattoo and would take care of your skin to heal your tattoo faster.
The antioxidant virtues of blueberries make this fruit an ally to “energize” the skin. The benefits of blueberries for the skin is hidden in its antioxidant strength. These include the polyphenols it contains that allow it to shield against oxidative stress and ultimately participate in the action against the acceleration of skin aging and burning.
As you know that our body is make-up with 60% of water so staying hydrated especially after being tattooed is beneficial for damaged skin and for healing purpose.
Tips to avoid when you get a tattoo
Here are some of the tips you should avoid after getting a tattoo. It is important to remember them so that the tattoo heals and heals properly, minimizing the risk of infections.
- Immerse the tattoo: until the tattoo has completely healed, it is important to avoid submerging it. Of course, you can shower; but it is recommended that you do not bathe in the sea or in the pool for several reasons. First, exposing the tattoo to an element such as chlorine or salt can remove the ink from the skin and, thus, damage the appearance of the tattoo. And, secondly, the water present in the pool or in the sea can contain dirt and certain chemical products that can cause an infection. When showering, it is best to use a gel with a neutral pH.
- Expose the tattoo to the sun: another of the tips that you should avoid after getting a tattoo is to expose it to the sun. You must bear in mind that UV rays can create blisters around the design, and even change the color of the same. It is best to keep the tattoo away from sunlight for three or four weeks until it has healed completely. Once that time has passed, the ideal is to apply a level 50 sunscreen cream.
- Scratching the tattoo: after performing a tattoo, it is common for a scab to form around the area as it heals. Well, this crust must dry and fall by itself. You should not be tempted to scratch the scab even if you feel a great itch; If it fails prematurely, it can leave a hole or even spots on the tattoo.
- Do high intensity exercise: tattoos that cover large areas of the body, such as the back, as well as those near the joints, such as elbows or knees, usually have a longer healing period than usual. During that time it is recommended that you avoid performing physical exercise since the movement can cause the skin to crack and therefore irritate.
- Wear tight clothes: another tip that you should avoid is to wear tight clothes in the area where you have done the tattoo; For example, if it’s on your back, you should avoid t-shirts that are too tight. Remember that tight clothing can prevent enough oxygen from reaching the tattoo, which is essential for proper healing.
- Food: with all these things, above foods to take after tattoo are achievable to cure your skin. so if you are eating foods that help tattoos heal then you are about to cure it faster.