Lip tattoo cost, pain, swelling, aftercare, infection, and healing process
- 0.1 How much do inner lip tattoo cost:
- 0.2 Inner lip tattoo price
- 0.3 What do they save in salons, where everything is inexpensive?
- 1 Lip tattoo healing process by days
- 2 The appearance of a dried up crust
- 3 Inner lip tattoo aftercare
- 4 Ideas and values
First, the tattooed lip is not made on the lips. They are made inside the lower lip. Today, some people will think that it is a waste of money. But the tattooed lip, like other tattoos, has its advantages and disadvantages. a tattooed lip is a statement of unique style. Everyone getting tattooed lips can be considered the resort to the latest available aesthetic elegant application. the tattooed lip can also be easily hidden. This is an advantage when you can choose to flaunt or hide tattoos depending on your mood.
Here are some facts about the lip.
- It is wrong to believe that the tattooed lip pain hurts the most. It is not so, it hurts with the same intensity as other tattoos. In fact, some say that the tattooed mouth does not hurt at all!;
- In general, it’s done on the lower lip, but they can also be on the upper lip. ;
- A tattooed lip is also made with a specific needle. ;
- Most of the time, a word is inked inside the tattoo and not a drawing. This is mainly because the available space is very small. But you could have small drawings like a star or small inked flower. Other popular ideas are to put the name of your beloved inked. ;
How much do inner lip tattoo cost:
How much does a decent and quality lip tattoo cost? The artist themselves argue that if they ask less than a thousand dollars for one round, it is better to leave. For what do we pay?
- For the education and experience of the artist. A certificate (and not one) must be compulsory.
- For his “stuffed hands”. If you come to a novice or a student, you should be warned about this immediately. And how many hours the cosmetologist has worked to “put his hand” – you better not know. Simply practical exercises in good salons continue for years, and the specialist tattoo labium constantly performs. It is necessary that the skills are not gone anywhere.
- Well, if a specialist has a tattoo artist or medical education, and also constantly goes to artist classes, special courses, seminars and generally follows changes and trends, and not just makes a contour and feathering on a pattern.
- The cost of permanent mouth art necessarily includes the price for good equipment, quality pigments from Europe, supplies, and anesthetics. Believe me, without all this you can get a fuzzy outline and a bright color, but what needs to be altered and what will heal painfully and ugly.
- It will not be cheap to work with strict observance of all medical requirements: the tattoo procedure should be safe and painless. This is the first. That’s why, if you are tempted by the statement that you will make cheap derma pigmentation, be prepared for the fact that you will need to spread the money in the clinic as well – so that you can get rid of the misfortunes of the mountain specialists.
Inner lip tattoo price
|Name of procedure||Min.price||Average price in beauty salons||Average duration of the procedure|
|Tattoo inside the lips||60 $||150 $||1,5 hour|
|Pouring lips||30 $||150 $||2 hours|
|Tattoo with feathering up to 1.5 mm||30 $||80 $||2 hours|
|Tattoo with feathering from 2 mm to 3 mm||25$||50 $||2 hours|
|Butterfly’s kiss||100 $||200 $||2 hours|
|Small||20 $||25 $||1 hour|
|Correction||30 $||50 $||1 hour|
What do they save in salons, where everything is inexpensive?
- On the equipment, more precisely, it’s quality.
- On pigments: they can be unstable or Asian manufacture, and in due course can turn blue or turn green.
- On the artist themselves. If everything is cheap, it can be a student, and you will have it first and there is no guarantee that the tattoo will turn out beautiful.
Lip tattoo healing process by days
Using a pigment to make the color bright, and the contour – more even and clear. When the coloring composition is introduced, the artist makes punctures with special needles, then shades the lines. The healing of the crust does not happen immediately, it lasts several days.
Mouth tattooing is a cosmetic procedure that allows you to improve their shape for a long time, make the outline and color more clear. Perform it should only a professional in a proven salon, using high-quality paint, sterile tools. The healing of punctures takes a long time, about 5-7 days. To understand how the sponges will look right after leaving the wizard’s office and after a few days, it is enough to study the description, to look through the step-by-step photos.
The procedure for begins with choosing the right shade, applying the border with the usual cosmetic pencil. After that, the artist applies an anesthetic gel, closes it with a film. This action will reduce pain during the introduction of ink needles. Then begins the process of pigmenting the contour with its subsequent shading.
Immediately after driving in the pigment, the following sensations are observed:
- There is quite a strong swelling, which will gradually decrease, and then disappear. How long it will last depends on the type of skin, the individual characteristics of the body.
- Feels soreness, numbness of the lips from the anesthetic. To eliminate pain, a healing ointment is prescribed, and analgesic tablets are taken.
- The color of the tattoo gets a bright tint, and the outline looks too clear, unnatural.
- Numbness or pain prevents many girls from eating the usual food for the first 24 hours. Sometimes it is necessary to drink all the evening long only juice, tea through a tube, so as not to hurt yourself.
The appearance of a dried up crust
If on the first day around the needle treated area there is noticeable swelling, numbness is felt, then on the second day, these symptoms practically disappear. Puffiness becomes hardly noticeable, painful sensations pass. How long it will take until complete healing, a specialist cannot say. In some women, the process is delayed by 7-10 days, while others are happy by the disappearance of the crust by the third day.
Be sure to apply on the lips recommended by salon workers ointment. Do this over the morning, in the evening, carefully smearing the tip of your finger on each patch. Well proven hydrocortisone ointment, which contributes to the healing of punctures. That’s how the photos look like sponges with a thick layer of antiseptic ointment applied.
- Apply Boro Plus cream, Rescuer, instead of ointment, applying them 3-4 times a thin layer about 5-7 days.
- Those who have a tendency to have herpes, a week before the procedure to drink a course of acyclovir.
By the second or third day, the whole surface is covered with dried up crusts. This is a normal phenomenon, indicating the beginning of the recovery period. Sometimes a strong peeling of the skin begins, accompanied by an intolerable itching.
Combing or ripping off the dried up treasure is prohibited, otherwise the pigment will be distributed unevenly. It is necessary to wait for its complete disappearance, daily lubricating the sponges with curative creams.
Those who are interested in what this tattoo looks like, it is enough to study the photo presented below. By this time, crusts are already starting to go, but for some girls, the recovery period lasts a little longer.
How to reduce swelling after lip tattoo
Inner lip tattoo swelling is a natural process after getting inked and there is nothing to worry about. The swelling starts reducing after 1 day but it stays for about 2 to 4 days but if it is not reducing then it’s infection may be and you should really go to the doctor.
Reasons of inner lip tattoo swelling
- if you are allergic to some specific pigment used in the ink then swelling may occur.
- Artist is not professional and he is not using the ink prescribed by the FDA. professional artist use ink that is prescribed by the FDA which is totally safe for your health.
- you are already in some sort of disease so this may occur.
Note: After inner lip tattoo swelling you may feel a strange taste in your mouth but don’t worry about that because it’s happening because of the ink and blood.
Tip: keep your mouth dry.
Lip tattoo infection:
Dr. Julia Carroll says that tattooing the inside which is made up of blood-rich mucosal cells can increase the risk of lip tattoo infection.
One more thing about the mouth art is that they need retouch time to time because it fades so quickly so she thinks that doing touchups so often can be a cause of lip tattoo infection.
Now keep in mind that if your artist is professional you are not going to get the infection in your mouth because he knows his work and ink to be used to avoid any diseases so with proper knowledge you are not going to be infected. Source
If you lip tattoo infection and swelling stay more then 3, 4 days then you need to see a doctor.
For all type of diseases, read this post disease that can interfere with tattooing
lip tattoo infection signs
- Redness and swelling
- Yellow or white fluid
- Red bumps or wounds
- Bleeding in extreme cause
Inner lip tattoo aftercare
Each tattoo requires tattoo treatments. Tattooing the lips also requires the same amount of care that other tattoos need. Having a tattoo made from a professional artist is also a very important part of the care. Tattooing the lips is one of the latest lag in the art of tattoos, so it becomes more important to choose a tattoo artist who knows about tattoos as well as their application on the lips. Our lips are veins, the tattoo artist should be able to design the tattoo without hurting the veins.
Just like tattoo care, tattoo aftercare is also very important. Many people have panicked because of the strange taste that occurs in the mouth after that. But there is nothing to fear, as it is just the pigment and the blood. Do not eat or drink after being tattooed, the duration and other instruction will be passed to you by the tattoo artist. And also do not forget to rinse your mouth every time you eat or even smoke.
It was all the tattoos on the lips and how long do they last. But think about getting tattooed lips done, as tattooing lips not only fade quickly, but they also stain after a certain period of time. And I do not think anyone would want to have black lips!
After the crusts have left, care consists in protecting the lips from the harmful effects of external factors. Until the color correction is done, it is forbidden:
- visit the solarium, sunbathing under the bright rays of the sun;
- go to the sauna, sauna, swim in the pool, outdoor pond;
- to engage in the gym for a strengthened program;
- Use scrubs, alcohol-containing lotions;
- apply decorative cosmetics: shine, lipstick, pencil.
How many weeks to wait for the correction, the artist should explain even during the tattoo. Usually, it is done in a month after pigmentation, when the color is fully manifested, becomes close to the natural. It is not superfluous to look through the photos in the salon catalog to imagine what to expect from the procedure after a month, half a year, a longer time.
It will be necessary to use hygienic lipstick, as the lips will become drier. From the right care depends on how long the form, the chosen tone, will last.
It should be remembered that ultraviolet causes complete fading of the pigment, and water in the early days contributes to premature peeling of the crust, the appearance of uneven spots throughout the surface.
Fully healed sponges should look plump, smooth, natural. Below, for comparison, photos with correctly applied tattoo and unsuccessful results are presented. In the second case, even correction will not help, uneven lines will have to be removed with a laser.
To persevere permanent tattoo persisted for a long time, pleasing its owner with a beautiful shape or juicy color, it is necessary to follow all the instructions of the specialist. Only the correct application of ointments and the implementation of recommendations will allow the pigment to distribute evenly, to manifest itself in the right shade.
How long do inner lip tattoo last
Lips last tattoos for a period of 1 to 5 years. But it differs from person to person. Unlike other tattoos, the tattooed mouth needs retouching. Without retouching, they can last only for a few weeks or months. There are many reasons why tattoos lips fade, one being acid and chemicals in the mouth. The pigments in the tattoos are absorbed by the body that makes the lip tattooed bland. Another reason they fade is the high moisture content in the mouth.
So, there is almost nothing that can prevent a tattoo from fading lips. But there are anti-fading tattoo creams available on the market that can prevent discoloration, but in the case of lips tattoos, those that are too much seem ineffective. Instead of these commercial creams, you can use a simple method, after getting a tattoo of the lips done, put a tissue or a piece of cotton cloth between your lips. This will allow the ink to penetrate deeper indoors. So, now that you have an answer to how long do inner lip tattoo last, let’s see how to take care of a tattoo of the lips.
Ideas and values
Decorative modification of different parts of the body with the help of tattoos does not surprise anyone today. However, among the impressive variety of body patterns, a tattoo on the inside of the lip stands out. A similar trend in body art, which is one of the last, is followed not so much to demonstrate its result to others as to assert itself.
People practicing self will also appreciate another original reason to make a new photo. Tattoo on the mucous is characterized by a small area for creativity and requires periodic correction.
Male and female
Drawing the image on the inner side of the lips is in demand among both young people and girls. The beautiful sex more often chooses the lower lip as a place for such avant-garde art, the stronger sex is not averse to experimenting with the upper one.
If body modifications are prohibited at work or at an educational institution, creative guys and girls should think about such an unpredictable place for a tattoo, because it will not be visible. Male and female tattoos are different themes and directional patterns.
Original ideas on lip tattoo
Whichever sketch you choose, remember that the location of the image itself is unusual: any drawing will make an impression. Hidden from prying eyes, the area of the body involves drawing a very personal image along with fashionable tattoos. Figure to decorate the mucous should choose a small and fairly simple. Fans of unsophisticated forms will like the idea to make an inscription on the lip.
Tattoos in the form of drawings
As a small image on the inside of the lip can make:
- whiskers (on the upper side);
- the skull;
- Hello Kitty;
Bold natures can come up with eccentric, shocking sketches.
Tattoo in the form of inscriptions
The following top markings are popular:
- Kiss me;
- Rock and Roll;
- the name of your favorite sports team or musical group;
- the name of the loved one
For a couple in love, a good idea would be to make a pair of inscriptions that complement each other. It will also be appropriate word or phrase, the meaning of which is clear only to you. Borders in the choice of the image do not exist!
The value of a tattoo on the lip
Creative people who want to get a naked drawing, it is useful to know the value of the most popular images. The most popular sketches hide this meaning:
- Three-leaf clover – a symbol of faith, hope, and love.
- The skull symbolizes fearlessness before death, renunciation of life.
- The animal is a symbol of abundance, emotional impulses.
- Heart means love.
- The star marks harmony, prosperity, luck.
- The key symbolizes power, power.